Prepare to throw the best hookah party ever with your friends, but wait, is your hookah pipe blocked? It's most likely because your trusty hookah pipe has seen better days. The regular usage of your hookah might leave it looking dirty and grimy over time. It is critical to clean the hookah regularly to protect the pipe from clogging and to maintain hygiene. This not only extends the life of your hookah pipe, but it also improves overall performance by enhancing flavor production. You can have a hassle-free and mind-numbing smoking session with a clean hookah.
Therefore, washing your hookah after each use is a good idea. It is also recommended to cleanse it in between flavor changes to avoid the fusion of two separate hookah tobacco flavors into a new undesirable one. Without further ado, let us begin with the cleaning procedure:
Things You Need to Keep Your Hookah Pipe Clean
To clean your hookah thoroughly and remove any leftover flavor residue, you will need the following essential things:
- Lukewarm water (tap water will also do as long as it is lukewarm)
- Vinegar, or lemon juice, or dish soap (any of these three will do the clean perfectly).
- Baking soda (though optional but strongly advised)
- A narrow-stem brush, A base brush, a sponge, and Q tips
Steps Necessary for the Cleaning Procedure
Here are some quick measures to take for a thorough cleanup:
- Combine any of the above-mentioned cleaning materials, i.e., lemon juice, vinegar, or dish detergent, with water.
- Carefully disassemble all of the parts of the hookah and immerse them in water combined with cleaning ingredients. Remove the valve to access each component of the hookah.
- To clean the vase, fill it halfway with the cleaning solution, swirl it around, and then carefully empty it out. Repeat the procedure a few times. Scrub the interior of the vase with the base brush, then rinse it with normal water until it's thoroughly clean.
- To clean the stem effectively, you'll need a tiny brush. Clog one end of the stem using your thumb and fill it in with the cleaning solution. Scrub the filth away with the thin brush and rinse it well with tap water.
- Determine whether the hose is washable. Certain traditional hoses containing metal coils are not washable and can rust when exposed to water. If your hose is washable, fill it with the cleaning solution and rinse it a couple of times with clean water. If it is not washable, leave it alone. Generally, the silicon hoses can be washed.
- The bowl should also be treated with the cleaning solution, but carefully because some have glaze coatings and rubbing them firmly can destroy the glaze. Use a sponge, paper towel, and Q-tips to gently yet efficiently clean them without causing any harm. Treat it gently with soft hands.
- At Amy Deluxe, we do not advocate cleaning your hookah pipe and its accessories in a dishwasher. They are not designed to withstand any type of ferocity, and they will also harm your piece. You can readily clean up the pipe yourself with a few expensive brushes.
- After using the vase, do not leave any water in it. Doing so in the long run can result in mold growth on the surface, something that no one desires in any situation. Mold growth is exceedingly dangerous and may trigger fungal infections when inhaled if not cleaned properly.
- While the hookah pipe can be cleaned only with water, it is strongly advised that you use cleaning materials to help eliminate the flavor residue that has built up inside the pipe. For washing the vase and stem, baking soda is an excellent choice since it is a wonderful cleaning agent that allows you to clean more deeply and efficiently.
- While washing the pieces, avoid alternating between too hot and too cold water, as this may cause cracking. It is recommended that you use lukewarm water during the cleaning process.
You've now cleaned your hookah pipe like a pro. We don't feel it was as difficult to accomplish. Your hookah pipe is spotless now and ready for your next smoking session. Invite your friends over and wow them with your hookah talents. Don’t forget to use these easy yet efficient steps to keep your hookah clean. We hope you find this guide handy, but if you require further support, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. Enjoy!